THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY DISCLOSURES FOR MORE INFORMATION
One of the most impactful things affirmations did for me was to boost my self-confidence and self-esteem. It made me realize that I had the ability to do what I wanted to do and feel good doing so. That is also one of the main reasons why this site was started, to pay it forward in some ways and spread positivity.
In this post, you will find a lot of information and affirmations for self-confidence and self-esteem to help you find the real you. You deserve to live the way you want and growing your confidence levels will break you out of the invisible chains.
If you are ready to believe in yourself, read on![mailerlite_form form_id=1]
What is self-confidence?
Self-confidence is a person’s ability to know themselves and their abilities.
This means knowing what you can do, and recognizing that you have the power to make your own decisions, and the ability to change things in your life when you need to.
It does not mean that you think of yourself as perfect, or act in selfish ways.
In fact, it is quite the opposite. When you are confident in yourself, you start to shed negative behavior such as judging others or belittling them.
What is self-esteem?
Self-esteem is how you feel about yourself. Think of it like this: when you think of other people, you probably have a lot of different thoughts, right?
You might think your friend is smart because she’s a good student, or that your brother is funny or kind.
Well, when you look at yourself, what do you think about?
What are the things that make up who you are?
The way you see yourself has a lot to do with your self-esteem. Sometimes, people have a hard time seeing all the good things about themselves.
But it’s important to remember that everyone has strengths and weaknesses—there isn’t anyone person who’s perfect!
And when it comes to having high self-esteem, it’s not about thinking you’re the best and no one else can compare.
It means liking yourself for who you are and being comfortable in your own skin.
What are confidence affirmations?
Confidence affirmations are statements you make to yourself that help you believe in your ability to achieve a goal or task.
They’re a way to reprogram your mind to think positively about yourself and the world around you.
The more you repeat them, the more effective they become, as your mind comes to accept them as true.
Confidence affirmations are especially helpful if you find yourself struggling with self-doubt and low self-esteem.
They can be used in any area of your life: when starting a new job, giving a presentation at work, going on a date, or even when cooking dinner for your partner.
By practicing it, you will start to see changes in the way you approach things – with more conviction and vigor!
Do confidence affirmations work?
The idea behind confidence affirmations is that if you repeat positive statements to yourself often enough, you’ll start to believe them.
The premise makes sense: It’s similar to why we get so angry at people when they tell us something untrue about ourselves, or why we think of our favorite song as our favorite song—because we’ve heard it repeated so many times.
The issue with this type of self-talk, though, is that it’s not always that simple.
While some people might find that repeating a statement like “I am capable!” does wonders for their confidence, others may find that it just doesn’t work for them.
In the latter case, their hard-to-control negative thoughts will probably just lead them to feel like failures for not being able to make a simple affirmation work for them.
To put it simply, affirmations will only work when you put your mind to it and believe what you say wholeheartedly.
Why are affirmations important for confidence?
Affirmations are important for confidence because they help you to reprogram the negative thoughts swirling around in your head.
Most of us have been told things about ourselves throughout our lives that are not true, and yet we believe them.
Whether it’s your mother saying that you’re a procrastinator, or your ex-boyfriend saying that your body is disgusting, or a friend who says you’re always angry and bitter, these things stick with us, even if they aren’t correct.
Affirmations are a way to get rid of the lies that have been planted in your mind and replace them with the truth.
When you repeat affirmations over time, they eventually become second nature and will change how you think about yourself.
Affirmations are also important because they help to keep negativity out of your life by preventing the negative thoughts from taking root in your subconscious mind.
Your subconscious mind is like a sponge—it will absorb whatever is put into it, whether it’s positive or negative.
If you’re constantly telling yourself that you’re not good enough, then it’s likely that this will be absorbed by your subconscious mind and affect how you feel about yourself on a daily basis.
Symptoms of low self-esteem
It’s important to recognize the signs of low self-esteem so that you can get the help you need to overcome its negative effects.
By identifying these symptoms, you can start to understand how your thoughts and actions are being affected by your level of self-esteem.
Some symptoms are more obvious than others and there may be a variety of reasons why you have certain behaviors or attitudes—but if you recognize any of the following, it might be time to work on improving your self-esteem:
- You feel inadequate compared to other people
- You wish you could be someone else
- You compare yourself to other people
- You blame yourself for everything bad that happens
- You don’t trust yourself to make decisions
- You don’t feel worth love or acceptance
- You tend to judge yourself harshly
- You often give up on things because they seem too difficult
- You have difficulty accepting compliments from others
How to improve and build up your self-esteem?
Does your self-esteem need a boost? One of the best things you can do to build your self-esteem is to stop putting yourself down.
This can be a difficult task because negative thoughts are often so ingrained that you don’t even realize that you’re doing it.
But with a bit of practice, and by following the steps below, you’ll be well on your way to boosting your self-esteem.
- Stop apologizing
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Stop taking everything personally
- Stop worrying about what other people think
- Stop making excuses
- Stop being afraid of change
- Stop focusing on what’s wrong
- Stop criticizing yourself
- START reciting positive affirmations daily
Check out our book on reinventing yourself and make use of actionable steps to change your life right now!
List of positive affirmations to improve self confidence and self esteem
- Peace and happiness are inside of me.
- I believe in myself.
- Other people respect me and my ideas.
- I have accomplished everything in my life due to my hard work and determination.
- I am beautifully unique.
- I view myself through kind eyes.
- The more I let go, the better I feel.
- I like the person I am right now.
- My imperfections make me, me.
- I love my body.
- I am a positive being, aware of my potential.
- I am happy to be me.
- I respect myself.
- It’s okay to fail because that’s the road to success.
- I say goodbye to self-pity.
- I am compassionate with others and myself.
- I am consistent in my hard work.
- I am a good person who deserves to be treated with respect.
- I respect and honor myself.
- I treat myself with respect and honor.
- I am braver than I think.
- I am in complete control of my emotions.
- I am worthy.
- I feel confident in my skin.
- I make a difference by showing up every day and doing my best.
- I am powerful.
- I let go of what I cannot change.
- I am positive about my future.
- I am doing my best every day.
- I deserve love and happiness.
- I am grateful for everything I’ve accomplished so far.
- I like who I am and who I am becoming.
- I don’t have to apologize for my emotions and attitudes.
- I accept compliments easily.
- Confidence comes naturally to me.
- I control my reality.
- I embody confidence.
- My life is abundant.
- I am fabulous.
- I feel good about myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- Confidence comes when I do hard things.
- There is nothing I need to do or be to earn love or respect.
- I am open to being my own cheerleader.
- I love myself more and more each day.
- Many people like me and admire me.
- I celebrate and reward myself for every win, no matter how small it may seem.
- It’s possible for me to be confident.
- My own validations are enough.
- My mental and physical health is important to me.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I value the effort and work I put in all aspects of my life.
- I can be whoever I wish to be.
- I deserve to be paid well for my skills.
- I’m proud of myself and my achievements.
- My body is a gift.
- My imperfections make me unique.
- It’s possible for me to radiate confidence.
- I am persistent.
- I am extremely capable.
- I am stronger than my fears.
- I am proud of myself.
- I am confident.
- I can embrace my flaws and imperfections.
- I look exactly the way I’m supposed to.
- People want to hear my thoughts and opinions. My voice is important.
- I can get through any and all setbacks.
- I am in full control of my life.
- I choose to trust the process.
- My life is filled with incredible experiences.
- I release my feelings of guilt and negativity.
- I feel respected and heard.
- Miracles are taking place in my life.
- I’m radiant with confidence, certainty and optimism.
- Others love to be around me.
- Everyday in every way I’m becoming more confident.
- I did a good job.
- I am open to being confident.
- I have unshakable faith.
- My body is a masterpiece.
- I have or can easily get everything I need to succeed.
- My life is full.
- I choose how I want to feel and I choose confidence.
- I love to meet other people and make new friends.
- I am deserving.
- I am enough.
- I am thankful for my body, mind, and spirit.
- I trust myself and my intuition.
- I inspire myself and others around me.
- I strive to get better, not perfect.
- I value myself as a person.
- My life is a miracle, and I belong here.
- I don’t need validations from others to know how good I am.
- I already have what I need.
- I’m a magnet for success.
- I deserve to feel good in my skin.
- The road to improvement is paved with challenges; I can overcome all of them.
- I forgive others.
- I see myself walking confidently into every situation.
- I am my best source of motivation.
- There’s nothing I need to do or be to earn love or respect.
- I am gorgeous inside and out.
- I can achieve anything I put my mind to.
- I have the power to change the world.
- I can have everything I want in life.
- Confidence is my birth right.
- My contributions are valued and appreciated.
- I am worthy of happiness.
- I will not let my mind be a bully to my body.
- I feel blessed in life.
- I learn something from every experience.
- I allow myself to love who I am, not who I think I should be.
- My differences are what make me, me.
- I am kind to myself.
- I am more than my body – my body is the least interesting thing about me.
- I love who I am becoming.
- I am worthy of being confident.
- I am glad that I am unique.
- I feel beautiful in my skin.
- I am not afraid of the unknown.
- My life is extremely rewarding and joyous.
- My voice and ideas are important too.
- I am aware of my gift to the world and share it freely.
- My changing body does not determine my confidence – how I feel does.
- Confidence is possible for me.
- I am my most confident when I am myself.
- I am open to seeing my positives.
- I accept myself.
- I rest when my body and mind tell me to.
- It’s possible for me to love all parts of myself, even my so-called flaws.
- I am open to self-reflection.
- I am intelligent.
- I radiate self-confidence.
- It’s possible for me to be proud of myself.
- I am growing and learning every day.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I love the body that I have.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I can do anything that I put my mind to.
- People look up to me.
- My confidence in myself grows more and more every day.
- Everything is possible for me.
- I am grateful for my journey and its lessons.
- I believe in my abilities and express my true self with ease.
- I care about myself.
- I nourish my body every day.
- I radiate confidence and positivity.
- I look fondly upon memories of my past.
- I know I’m making the right choices in life.
- I am open to making mistakes and growing.
- I let go of limiting beliefs and choose to trust myself.
- I live each day feeling confident and grateful.
- I have much self-worth and inner beauty.
- I am supported and loved by others.
- I have special ideas and thoughts to share with the world.
- I have the power to create the life I want.
- I embrace positive thoughts.
- I am freakin’ amazing.
- Nobody has the right to make me feel less worthy.
- I am worthy of the compliments I receive.
- I have an amazing life.
- I deserve the compliments that I receive.
- My goals are already being accomplished.
- I am creative and open to new solutions.
- I don’t need to overanalyze.
- I am gentle with myself, like a friend.
- My challenges help me become more confident.
- I am confident and value myself.
- The only approval I need is my own.
- I am beautiful just as I am.
- I can overcome every obstacle that comes my way.
- I nourish my body, mind and soul.
- I am open to releasing comparisons.
- I choose to stop obsessing about my body.
- I am supported in all I do in life.
- I forgive myself.
- Every day I become a better version of myself.
- I’m confident in myself and my abilities.
- I am empowered to have the things I seek.
- My energy radiates confidence.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- There is more to life than worrying about how I look.
- Every challenge is an opportunity to grow.
- My mood doesn’t depend on other people’s opinions.
- I always make the best decision for myself.
- I live from a place of abundance.
- All I need to succeed is within me.
- I naturally feel good about myself.
- I am surrounded by grace and positivity.
- I am authentic.
- I do not expect myself to be perfect.
- I am happy about my experiences and how they shaped me.
- Worrying about what others think is only a distraction to living courageously.
- I am a special person and am one of a kind.
- My powers and abilities are limitless
- I am worthy of love.
- The love I give myself is reflected in all areas of my life.
- Nothing is more potent than my belief in myself.
- My weight, looks, and body do not determine my worth.
- I trust my gut.
- I wake in the morning, loving myself.
- I accept my body the way it is today.
- I can make a difference in this world.
- I am not scared of taking risks.
- I love my flaws.
- My happiness and well-being are important.
- My body is my friend.
- I create my destiny.
- I have done my best today and that’s enough.
- I am grateful for this mind, this body, this soul.
- All of my thoughts, plans and ideas lead me straight to success.
- I let go of negative self-talk.
- I choose to be happy today.
- Today is going to be a good day for me.
- I am open to self-growth.
- I am a great person.
- All I need is within me.
- I am deeply grateful for my body, my health, and my unique talents.
- I am a valuable human being.
- I can let go of my insecurities.
- I love the body I was born with.
- I look at myself kindly.
- I am whole and complete.
- I have the power to be who I want to be.
- I know I’m making a difference.
- My body supports me every day.
- I treat my body with care and love.
- The most important person in my life is ME.
- Challenges are opportunities to grow and improve.
- I trust my decisions.
- I am a special person. There’s nobody else like me.
- I learn something new every day.
- I have the power to accomplish everything I need to do today.
- It’s possible for me to love myself.
- I have a bright future.
- It is okay to make mistakes and learn from them.
- I have a loving relationship with my body.
- I constantly aspire to improve myself.
- I allow myself to heal.
- There’s nothing I need to change about myself to be accepted and loved.
- My power is unlimited.
- I grow every day to become a better version of myself.
- I respect my limitations and am grateful for the capabilities I have.
- I am beautiful, intelligent, fun, and full of life.
- I deserve acceptance and love the way I am.
- I can express my true self.
- I am successful in everything I venture out to do.
- Confidence is my middle name.
- Each day, I am more and more aware of my innate beauty, creativity and abundance.
- I am loved for who I am.
- I am becoming more confident every day.
- My body deserves love.
- I can overcome every setback.
- When I set my mind on something, I won’t stop until I reach it.
- I have great potential.
- I am motivated to become the best version of myself.
- I believe in myself and my skills.
- I treat others with kindness and compassion.
- I love my body and everything it can do.
- I love myself.
- I deserve to feel good about myself.
- Confidence is available to me.
- I don’t have to waste time on people whose company I don’t enjoy.
- There are no blocks I cannot overcome.
- Every day, I become more confident.
- My body tells me what it needs and I listen.
- I am a successful and happy person.
- It’s possible for me to make mistakes and still be confident.
- I am inspiring.
- It’s possible for me to feel confident as myself.
- I can figure out anything.
- I appreciate all that I have.
- I can do amazing things.
- I honor myself.
- My family and friends enjoy spending time with me.
- I accept all of myself with love.
- I deserve to be successful.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- Confidence may come and go but it is my choice when I want to be.
- I have everything I need for success.
- Nothing can stop me from achieving my dreams.
- Self-worth has nothing to do with clothing size.
- I am doing a great job.
- Every challenge I overcome is a success.
- My power is on the inside.
- I am not scared of speaking my mind.
- I am fearless.
- It’s okay to leave my comfort zone.
- I don’t need to apologize for who I am.
- I am a beautiful, smart, and fun person.
- I am open to accepting my so-called flaws.
- I’m constantly inspiring people around me.
- I love who I am being.
- Self-deprecation isn’t something I need.
- I attract positive people into my life.
- I value myself.
- I deserve everything that I want or wish for.
- I love seeing my confidence grow every single day.
- I have the power to change anything I want.
- I am grateful for my life.
- I release all shame about my body.
- I grow with every challenge.
- My confidence is constantly increasing.
- I treasure my imperfections.
- I can get over mental blocks.
- I am stronger than I seem.
- People value my work, my time, and my love.
- I am strong and healthy.
- I have a beautiful soul.
- My future is positive.
- Every decision I make leads me toward my desires.
- Every day is another chance to shine.
- I am quite talented.
- I look forward to the future.
- I am becoming a better version of myself one day at a time.
- I release anything that doesn’t serve me.
- I am grounded, supported, and deeply loved.
- Confidence is contagious.
- I often step out of my comfort zone.
- My body is beautiful exactly the way it is.
- It’s possible for me to be confident and not change myself.
- I appreciate who I am.
- Imperfections are part of the beauty of life.
- I am seen.
- I allow everything to be as it is.
- I am at peace with my appearance.
- There’s absolutely nothing out of my reach.
- I’m successful in everything I do.
- I trust myself.
- I love my life and feel happy about everything that I have achieved so far.
- I love how I look.
- I am human.
- I know I can face every challenge with ease, there is nothing I cannot overcome.
- I’m confident in the decisions I make.
- I am strong.
- I give praise to myself and to others naturally and effortlessly.
- I know I don’t have to be perfect.
- My body does amazing things.
- I will continue to learn and grow.
- I deserve to relax.
- I deserve everything good that comes to me.
- I wake up each morning feeling confident and empowered.
- Every day is an opportunity to be better.
- There is no obstacle that I cannot overcome in life.
- My body is beautiful, exactly the way it is.
- I embrace my happiness.
- I attract success by being my authentic self.
- I can face every challenge.
- My self-esteem improves daily.
- I am creating my dream life every single day.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I have a positive and optimistic mindset.
- I do my best every day.
- I exude confidence.
- I can assert myself and stand up for myself and others.
- I feel joyful to look at how far I’ve come.
- I am full of vitality.
- People want what I have.
- I love watching myself grow and become more confident.
- I can leave anything that isn’t good for me.
- My life is a blessing.
- I am open to accepting myself.
- I enjoy the present moment.
- It’s possible that I deserve more.
- The best for me is right here.
- I am strong, beautiful and confident.
- I show up every day and do my best.
- My emotions matter.
- My body is magnificent, just as it is.
- There is nothing I am afraid of.
- I am brave and strong.
- I am capable of fulfilling my dreams.
- A lot of people respect and admire me.
- I attract wonderful things into my life.
- I am worthy of success.
- I am open to seeing myself in a new light.
- I am respected.
- I am unique and amazing.
- I am open to loving my body just as it is.
- I have the power to do the most incredible things.
- I love who I am inside and out.
- I already have everything I need for success.
- I don’t have to stay around people that don’t make me happy.
- I radiate with confidence; people around me can feel it.
- I am grateful for my creative mind.
- I believe in the generosity of the Universe.
- I respect myself, and others appreciate me.
- It’s possible for me to embrace all of myself.
- It’s possible for me to be happy and confident.
- I choose to embrace the mystery of life.
- I accept compliments from others.
- I am worthy of having what I want.
- Confidence comes with practice.
- I enjoy going with the flow.
- I can express my emotions.
- I let my light shine bright.
- I can do this!
- I am creative, strong, powerful, brave, and inspired.
- My clients love to work with me.
- Anything is possible for me.
- I can achieve anything I want in life.
- My future is bright.
- What I want is already here or on its way.
- I am a born leader.
- I choose to think positively about myself.
- I have the right to feel confident.
Other articles that might interest you
- How to write affirmations that work?
- How to write an affirmation letter to yourself?
- How many affirmations to say each day?
- Activities to build self esteem